Title: Communications Intern
Reports to: Digital Communications Manager
The communications intern is an integral part of Komen Puget Sound’s communications department, reporting to the digital communications manager. In this role, the communications intern will support the organization as a visual storyteller, working on graphic design and other media production projects as well as social media content strategy and development.
This is an unpaid, temporary position lasting 8-12 hours per week from September 25, 2017 to December 8, 2017 with the option for extension through the winter and/or spring quarters. Scheduled days/times are flexible.
- Support the digital communications manager by designing visual assets for social media, email marketing and website.
- Assist with social media content strategy and implementation
- Catalog and index event photography to streamline design processes
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Resources
- Knowledge of graphic design principles
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite products, especially Photoshop and Illustrator (personal access to these applications is a plus)
- Experience with or interest in social media content strategy and/or community management/engagement
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Interest in and/or passion for the organization’s mission
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Must have a valid driver’s license, personal insurance, and access to reliable transportation
- Willing to undergo a criminal background check
Applying for the Internship
To be considered for the position, please submit the following documentation to complete your application:
- Cover letter – Tell us how Komen Puget Sound’s mission is important to you, what your current career goals are and how you hope to learn and grow through this internship
- Resumé – Demonstrate how your past experiences make you a strong candidate
- Portfolio – Show us samples of your best design work
Application materials must be submitted as a PDF or URL via email to Community Engagement Coordinator Dawn Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 14, 2017.