Title: Development Intern
Reports To: Special Events Manager
The Development Intern works as a member of the Affiliate development team. The intern(s) reports to the Special Events Manager and also works closely with the event volunteer committees. The intern provides support to the Lunch for the Cure (Wednesday, October 4th) and works closely with third party fundraisers, offering support to their Paint it Pink fundraisers during October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Finally, the intern works in the early planning stages of Race for the Cure®, June 3rd, 2018 and Grace Notes Gala, March 3rd, 2018. The Race for the Cure is one of the largest 5K benefit events in Western Washington and Grace Notes is a black tie fundraising event that features a live and silent auction.
This is a part time, 10-15 hour a week, unpaid and temporary position: September 25th, 2016 – December 8th, 2017, scheduled days/times are flexible.
- Assist Development Team in the production of the Lunch for the Cure, including day-of event attendance and coordination
- Produce and prepare luncheon event collateral including programs, acknowledgements and website content
- Manage event-related customer service issues via email and event hotline
- Conduct database entry to track luncheon and gala donations
- Provide administrative support including event mailings and collateral distribution
- Attend event committee meetings as schedule allows
- Assist in processing event registrations
- Cultivate relationships with past donors to secure donations and solicit new donors for all categories of silent auctions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Education
- Available to work 10-15 hours a week – hours are flexible
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills
- Technologically proficient; efficient with entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with office administration including copy and postage machines a plus
- Available to work 9:00 am – 4:00 pm on October 4th at the Lunch for the Cure in Tacoma, WA
- Keen interest in the mission of the Affiliate
- Experience and/or interest in non-profit fundraising and events coordination
- Proven customer service skills a must
- Experience with graphic design a plus
- Ability to work in a confidential setting, protecting confidential data and information
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn new methods and skills
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds; capable of standing for one hour or more.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, personal insurance, and access to reliable vehicle
- Willing to undergo a criminal background check
Send resume and cover letter to
Dawn Sanders – Community Engagement Coordinator
Puget Sound Affiliate – Susan G. Komen
112 Fifth Ave N
Seattle WA 98109