- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
- About Us
Community Engagement and Event Coordinator
Position Title: Community Engagement and Event Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Programs
FLSA Status: Exempt – Full Time
Salary Range: $45,000 – $50,000
The Community Engagement Coordinator reports to the Director of Programs at Komen Puget Sound. This position oversees the planning and implementation of outreach strategies. Primarily responsible for connecting people in the broader community by cultivating relationships with faith institutions, individuals, Federal and State agencies and business and other relevant organizations. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude and readiness to be a team player. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, enthusiastic and community-driven to excel in this role.
- Support Director of Programs with strategic planning for achieving grant goals and objectives.
- Collaboratively develop an outreach and recruitment plan with internal and external colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
- Coordinate cultivation of collective impact opportunities with local partners within the community. Examples: hospital, nonprofits, business, community centers, churches, schools.
- Manage the Worship in Pink Campaign.
- Maintain and create health promotional materials needed for community events, professional health training, patient health education and workshops.
- Build opportunities to leverage outreach and improve access to partners such as Health Fair and mammogram screenings.
- Nurture old and new relationships with collaborative partners.
- Assist in the organization of special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events and other fundraising initiatives.
- Prepare midyear and end of year reporting for internal and external stakeholders that highlights the qualitative and quantitative results of the project.
- Related education and experience in public health, community health, and/or population health with direct knowledge of healthcare interventions.
- 3-5 year’s experience within non-profit fundraising or outreach activities (preferred).
- Friendly, enthusiastic with a positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously..
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communications, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation and training and writing clear, concise narrative reports and evaluations.
- Successful team leadership and ability to engage and motivate others to action.
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a key contributor in a highly dynamic team environment.
- Spanish Bilingual is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to travel across the communities served.
- Flexible schedule including some evening and weekend work.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or Susan G. Komen Puget Sound Affiliate, 112 5th Avenue N, Seattle WA 98109.