- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
- About Us
Community Outreach Coordinator
Position Title: Community Outreach Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Programs
FLSA Status: Exempt – Full Time
Salary Range: $45,000 – $50,000
Do you want to be part of the solution of fighting breast cancer on every front by using your experience in healthcare interventions? Do you adore planning projects and carrying out those plans to connect with communities and actively seeking out ways to outreach and partner? Do you like a long-term challenge? Are you a team player that can dive in and work with other to support key events and fundraising initiatives?
The Community Outreach Coordinator reports to the Director of Programs at Komen Puget Sound. This position oversees the planning and implementation of outreach strategies. Primarily responsible for connecting people in the broader community by cultivating relationships with faith institutions, individuals, Federal and State agencies and business and other relevant organizations. This position requires someone equipped with a positive attitude and readiness to be a team player. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, enthusiastic and community-driven to excel in this role.
The goal of this position is to create opportunities for Komen Puget Sound to serve our community where they live and ensured that they will have access to breast cancer services. We do that:
- By increasing awareness thru community events, trainings, partnerships and other programs.
- By increasing access to breast health services thru navigation, screenings….
- By increasing acceptability thru trainings, summits, advocacy and partnerships.
- By influencing the agenda thru our advocacy program and working with the community.
- Support Director of Programs with strategic planning for achieving goals and objectives related to community outreach.
- Collaboratively develop an outreach and recruitment plan with internal and external colleagues, partners and stakeholders.
- Coordinate cultivation of collective impact opportunities with local partners within the community. Examples: hospital, nonprofits, business, community centers, churches, schools.
- Coordinate community events, professional health training, patient health education and workshops.
- Develop health promotional materials needed for community events, professional health training, patient health education and workshops.
- Build opportunities to leverage outreach and improve access to partners such as Health Fair and mammogram screenings.
- Nurture old and new relationships with collaborative partners.
- Assist in the organization of special events, including donor/volunteer appreciation events and other fundraising initiatives.
- Prepare biannual reporting for internal and external stakeholders that highlights the qualitative and quantitative results of the projects.
- Prefer 3-5 years’ experience within non-profit fundraising or outreach activities.
- Related education and experience in public health, community health, and/or population health with direct knowledge of healthcare interventions.
- Experience working with minority communities, coordinating community events.
- Detail-orientated with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Energy and is passionate about creating opportunities for the community.
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communications, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation and training and writing clear, concise narrative reports and evaluations.
- Successful team leadership and ability to engage and motivate others to action.
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a key contributor in a highly dynamic team environment.
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Ability to travel across the Puget Sound.
- Flexible schedule including some evening and weekend work.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or Susan G. Komen Puget Sound Affiliate, 112 5th Avenue N, Seattle WA 98109.