- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
- About Us
Development Intern – Fall 2019
Position Title: Development Intern – Fall 2019 (Unpaid)
Reports To: Development Team
The Development Intern works as a member of the Affiliate Development Team, working closely with the team and event volunteer committees. The intern provides support to the Lunch for the Cure (Thursday, October 10th) and works closely with third party fundraisers, offering support to their fundraisers during October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Finally, the intern works in the early planning stages of The MORE THAN PINK Walk in June of 2020 and Grace Notes Gala, March 7, 2020. The MORE THAN PINK Walk is one of the largest 5K benefit events in Western Washington and Grace Notes is a black tie fundraising event that features a live and silent auction.
This is a part time, 10-15 hour a week, unpaid and temporary position: September 2019 – December 2019, scheduled days/times are flexible.
- Assist Development Team in the production of the Lunch for the Cure, including day-of event attendance and coordination
- Produce and prepare luncheon event collateral including programs, acknowledgements and website content
- Manage event-related customer service issues via email and event hotline
- Conduct database entry to track luncheon and gala donations
- Provide administrative support including event mailings and collateral distribution
- Attend event committee meetings as schedule allows
- Assist in processing event registrations
- Cultivate relationships with past donors to secure donations and solicit new donors for all categories of silent auctions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Available to work 10-15 hours a week – hours are flexible
Skills and Education
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills
- Technologically proficient; efficient with entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with office administration including copy and postage machines a plus
- Keen interest in the mission of the Affiliate
- Experience and/or interest in non-profit fundraising and events coordination
- Proven customer service skills a must
- Experience with graphic design a plus
- Ability to work in a confidential setting, protecting confidential data and information
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
- Willingness to learn new methods and skills
- Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds; capable of standing for one hour or more.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, personal insurance, and access to reliable vehicle
- Willing to undergo a criminal background check
Send resume and cover letter to
Dawn Sanders – Manager of Community Engagement
Puget Sound Affiliate – Susan G. Komen
112 Fifth Ave N
Seattle WA 98109