- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
- About Us
Donor Relationship Manager
Position Title: Donor Relationship Manager
Reports To: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Exempt – Full Time
Direct Reports: N/A
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000
About this Organization:
When people work together toward a common cause, big things happen. The Affiliate’s annual budget is $2.8 million for fiscal year 2020. Over the past 25 years, Komen Puget Sound has provided over $28.8 million in grants to fund mammograms, patient treatment support and lifesaving breast health services in Western Washington. Our community programs foster partnerships with measurable health impact through education, outreach, advocacy and grants. We also contribute to the significant work that our national office funds in global research. By working together, we will continue to move towards fulfilling a promise of creating a world without breast cancer. It’s a promise, not just to ourselves, but to generations to come. Susan G. Komen Puget Sound is a separate corporation from the national organization and is governed by a local board of directors. This allows us to make significant impact on the needs of our constituents who live in our 16-county service area. We live here, We Save Lives Here.
Komen Puget Sound is seeking a Donor Relationship Manager to focus on our mid-major donors ($500-$2,500). This position will be responsible for designing strategies to cultivate, solicit and steward donors with goals to retain, acquire and increase annual gift amounts to meet the Affiliate’s growth goals. In addition to providing high-touch personal cultivation and stewardship, this position will manage annual giving campaigns including Give Big, Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the Year End campaign in conjunction with our Communications Manager.
The Donor Relationship Manager reports to the Director of Philanthropy and is primarily responsible for revenue generation through effective development and management of sustainable relationships with individual donors at the mid-major level. This person will have successful experience in new portfolio management and donor cultivation.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Research, identify, cultivate, solicit and steward relationships with mid-major donors resulting in retention, acquisition and increasing annual gift amounts.
- Create strategies to deepen donors’ connection to the mission of Komen Puget Sound.
- Coordinate and oversee donor relationships in collaboration with the Development team, Executive Director, Programs staff and Board of Directors.
- Track and record moves management steps and relevant donor information in Salesforce.
- Work with Communication and Program staff to craft messages and appeals that resonate with target donors.
- Collaborate with Communications and Program staff to ensure brand alignment and adherence to brand style guide on all donor-facing annual giving materials
- Develop and manage Give Big, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and Year End giving campaigns in conjunction with Communications and Development teams.
- Assess campaign performance and create data-driven strategies.
- Plan and manage small cultivation events, called Friends Events, to further donor relations.
- Create a work plan and metrics designed to meet revenue goals, in conjunction with Development Director.
- Communicate with donors on a regular basis in a way that is interesting, respectful and relevant to their giving priorities.
- Maintain relationships with board members, volunteers and staff through effective ongoing communications.
- Serve as an engaged member of the Development Team and the entire Komen Puget Sound staff.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or three (3) years proven results in managing a donor portfolio demonstrating an increase in overall giving.
- Effective time managementincluding analyzing workload, determining priorities, setting goals and maintaining focus on productive endeavors.
- Successful team leadership and ability to engage and motivate others to action.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with corporate partners, sponsors, vendors, donors, colleagues, volunteers and general public.
- Creative thinker with ability to demonstrate successful implementation of solutions.
- Display commitment, flexibility and professionalism during a periodically demanding schedule.
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a key contributor in a highly dynamic team environment. A collaborative work style is essential.
- Ability to speak in front of individuals and groups with comfort and professionalism;
- Ability to attend events throughout the year outside of regular business hours, including evenings and weekends;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required; proficiency with Salesforce and Convio is highly desired.
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. The hiring for this position will be a multi-step process. Qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule a phone screening.