- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
- About Us
Position Title: Grant Writer
Reports To: Director of Programs
FLSA Status: 6-month contract with the possibility of a permanent position
The Grant Writer reports to the Director of Programs at Komen Puget Sound. This position is responsible for identifying grant opportunities and managing the grant development and proposal process. Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, a professional and resourceful demeanor, the ability to work both independently and as a team player, and a desire to take initiative.
- Work with the Director of Programs and other staff to understand the mission and vision of the Affiliate and to identify projects and initiatives that may qualify for grant funding.
- Research, identify and apply for grant opportunities that correspond to the needs and objectives of Komen Puget Sound.
- Track grant opportunities applications and reporting requirements
- Secure grant funding in excess of $40,000 in the first six months with Komen Puget Sound.
- Successfully understand and communicate mission and vision of Affiliate as well as the grantor’s mission and vision.
- Prioritize grants to apply for (based on size of grant, time funding is released), and mission fit.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Communications, English, Professional Writing or a similar major.
- Demonstrated experience in obtaining grants from non-profits, charities, and other philanthropic organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to manage rejection and think creatively to overcome common proposal objections.
- Knowledge of Pacific Northwest Healthcare grant-making organizations (preferred).
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with sourcing opportunities, cold-calling, contact development, and business relationship management.
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, organized with a demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, email marketing, and CRM tools.
- Bilingual is a plus.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com or Susan G. Komen Puget Sound Affiliate, 112 5th Avenue N, Seattle WA 98109.