Position Overview and Impact
Manage Susan G. Komen Puget Sound’s health fairs in partnership with community organizations. Health fairs raise awareness about breast cancer and help support people in our community who cannot afford healthcare.
- Work with the Sr. Community Engagement Manager to oversee all health fair logistics
- Work with partner organizations to secure locations and vendors
- Mail evaluations and collate and analyze data
- Recruit and oversee health fair volunteers
- Provide event summary to Komen Puget Sound and health fair partners
- Commitment to Komen Puget Sound’s vision and mission
- Experience planning community events
- Good community contacts and networking abilities
Training and Support Provided
Komen Puget Sound 101 and Speakers’ Bureau training, Susan G. Komen 101 online training, and support from Komen Puget Sound staff to help plan activities, monitor progress and assist with problem-solving.
Average 8-10 hours a month after completion of training, with options to work from home and on a flexible schedule.
Length of Commitment
Minimum of one year requested.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Assist Komen Puget Sound in spreading awareness and attracting new supporters to the breast cancer cause
- Build and utilize skills in program management and gain skills in volunteer engagement
- Build and utilize public speaking skills
- Develop and mobilize a network of community contacts
Senior Community Engagement Manager
Aside from meetings and training at the Komen Puget Sound office, much of the work can be done from home.
Dawn Sanders, Community Engagement Manager, email@example.com; 206.633.0303 X 117.