- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
- About Us
Office and Administrative Specialist
Position Title: Office and Administrative Specialist
Reports To: Development Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt – Full Time
Komen Puget Sound is seeking an Office and Administrative Specialist whose primary duties are to support the Executive Director and Board of Directors as well as manage the administration of the office. The ideal candidate is committed to supporting a wide range of events and activities to further the mission of Susan G. Komen. The candidate should have extensive office administration experience and be organized, flexible and an excellent communicator. This is a key position to the smooth operation of the organization and the candidate should be able to work independently and proactively to resolve problems and improve processes.
Provide administrative support to Executive Director:
- Facilitate travel arrangements
- Help manage high-level donor events
- Track internal processes, timelines and deadlines
- Schedule meetings with board members
- Support Executive Director in scheduling, facilitating and taking notes at meetings
- Provide other support as needed
Manage administrative support of the Board of Directors:
- Coordinate and record board and committee meetings
- Distribute all materials required for board and committee meetings
- Ensure smooth functioning of board and committee meetings
- Maintain board records and submit board documents to Komen Headquarters
- Take notes at board meetings
- Communicate with constituents (volunteers, donors, patients, community members) in person, on
the telephone or via email. Answer or direct general inquiries, manage the front desk, supervise
volunteers and provide outstanding customer service
- Manage in-person and virtual meetings
- Manage general condition of the office, including copy room, kitchen and other common areas.
- Coordinate upkeep and repair of office/facility. Manage relationships with custodian, utilities
providers, and any repair or maintenance workers.
- Oversee inventory levels of supplies and materials
- Maintain office equipment and schedule repairs and maintenance as needed
- Receive, review and distribute mail
- Coordinate IT services and troubleshooting with IT consultants
- Serve as the organization’s IT administrator
Support the financial operations of the affiliate:
- Process accounts payable in collaboration with the senior accountant
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements
- Manage relationships with affiliate vendors and suppliers
- Oversee and track staff expense reimbursement process
- Work closely with the Finance Manager
Support and administer HR functions:
- Post job openings, schedule interviews, and communicate with job applicants
- Manage confidential personnel files and processes
- Manage the annual benefit enrollment process
- Conduct onboarding for new employees
- Work closely with HR consultant to manage and/or support HR processes
- Experience: 3+ years relevant administrative/operational experience; experience in non-profits preferred
- Communication skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; diplomatic and empathetic. Ability to practice good judgement and discretion with regard to personal and confidential information.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to interact at all levels of the organization, including Board of Directors, senior team, staff, grantees, donors, volunteers, community members, cancer patients and survivors, and sponsors; as well as an understanding of organizational dynamics. Exemplary customer service.
- Organizational skills: Proactive, well-organized, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines; ability to work with minimal supervision, manage multiple tasks and delegate as needed.
- Computers and systems: experience with Microsoft Office Suite, conference call software, accounting software and other data management tools. Experience with PeopleSoft and Salesforce preferred.
- Flexibility: Ability to work in a fast paced, highly productive environment. Comfortable with changes in priority and direction. Willing to work flexible or paid overtime hours if necessary, including occasional evenings and weekends.
About Komen Puget Sound
Susan G. Komen Puget Sound was founded by local volunteers in 1993. We are a local affiliate of the Susan G. Komen organization headquartered in Dallas, TX and we serve 16-counties in Western Washington. Through the community’s generosity, Komen Puget Sound has given more than $33 million to fund breast cancer screenings, patient support and medical research to find a cure, helping tens of thousands of local, low-income women receive services critical to early detection and survival. Our mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties and responsibilities may vary based on assignment.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.