Position Title: Senior Manager of Corporate Giving
Reports To: Director of Philanthropy
FLSA Status: Exempt – Full Time
Direct Reports: N/A
About this Organization
When people work together toward a common cause, big things happen. The Affiliate’s annual budget is $2.8 million for fiscal year 2019. Over the past 25 years, Komen Puget Sound has provided more than $30 million in grants to fund mammograms, patient treatment support and lifesaving breast health services in Western Washington. Our community programs foster partnerships with measurable health impact through education, outreach, advocacy and grants. We also contribute to the significant work that our national office funds in global research. By working together, we will continue to move towards fulfilling a promise of creating a world without breast cancer. It’s a promise, not just to ourselves, but to generations to come. Susan G. Komen Puget Sound is a separate corporation from the national organization and is governed by a local board of directors. This allows us to make significant impact on the needs of our constituents who live in our 16-county service area.
Komen Puget Sound has developed a diverse array of corporate giving opportunities, including five annual fundraising events and various other programmatic and mission-related partnerships. Corporations and other business entities contribute close to $1M annually to the Affiliate. This position will be responsible for designing strategies to cultivate, solicit and steward the Affilate’s corporate portfolio in conjunction with other staff members. While this candidate may not be the primary relationship manager for each entity, they will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring that the 60+ corporate relationships are maintained and for creating strategies to increase corporate giving.
The Senior Manager of Corporate Giving reports to the Director of Philanthropy and is primarily responsible for revenue generation through effective development and management of sustainable relationships with corporate partners. This person will have successful experience in new business development. They must have the ability to build and maintain successful relationships with corporations and other business entities.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Research, identify, cultivate, solicit and steward relationships with corporations resulting in annual contributions, grants, program and events sponsorships, workplace giving, in-kind donations and/or other engagement activities.
- Create strategies to maintain and grow corporate funding.
- Coordinate and oversee Affiliate corporate and organizational relationships in collaboration with the Philanthropy team, Executive Director, Programs staff, Board of Directors and committee chairs.
- Create multi-level corporate relationships that include employee engagement and cause-related marketing (CRM) opportunities.
- Manage grant and funding proposals and work collaboratively with other staff to meet application and reporting deadlines for funders.
- Build strong relationships with companies and organizations by attending networking, civic and social events.
- Work with sponsors to negotiate, finalize and execute contracts and sponsor benefits.
- Develop and administer annual corporate revenue budgets in collaboration with Finance Manager, Director of Philanthropy and event management staff.
- Oversee and monitor processes related to corporate revenue streams.
- Ensure proper administration of contracts, invoices and receivables.
- Create a work plan and benchmarks designed to meet revenue goals.
- Cultivate and steward donor and corporate relationships.
- Maintain relationships with board members, volunteers and staff through effective ongoing communications.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or five (5) years of proven results in securing national/local corporate sponsorships/contributions and new business development.
- Effective time management including analyzing workload, determining priorities, setting goals and maintaining focus on productive endeavors.
- Successful team leadership and ability to engage and motivate others to action.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with corporate partners, sponsors, vendors, donors, colleagues, volunteers and general public.
- Creative thinker with ability to demonstrate successful implementation of solutions.
- Display commitment, flexibility and professionalism during a periodically demanding schedule.
- Ability to work independently, as well as being a key contributor in a highly dynamic team environment. A collaborative work style is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required; proficiency with Salesforce and Convio is highly desired.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. The hiring for this position will be a multi-step process. Qualified applicants will be contacted to schedule a phone screening.