Manage the Susan G. Komen Puget Sound Speakers Bureau to raise awareness about breast cancer and the role of Komen Puget Sound, in order to identify more people we can help, and to attract more supporters and volunteers in the local fight against breast cancer. This is a volunteer position.
- Work with the Manager of Community Engagement, develop speaking engagement objectives and speaker presentation outline and materials
- Recruit, train, schedule and oversee volunteer public speakers
- In conjunction with the Manager of Community Engagement, identify priority community groups and contact to schedule speaking engagements.
- Contact and schedule a trained volunteer speaker to attend each engagement.
- Track and report volunteer hours and speaking engagement statistics on a quarterly basis.
- Commitment to Komen Puget Sound vision and mission
- Successful public speaking experience and project management skills
- Good community contacts and networking abilities
Training and Support Provided
Komen Puget Sound 101 and Speakers Bureau training, national Komen 101 online training, and at least quarterly support from Komen Puget Sound staff to help plan activities, monitor progress and assist with problem-solving.
Average 8-10 hours a month after completion of training, with options to work from home and on a flexible schedule.
Length of Commitment
Minimum of one year requested.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Assist Komen Puget Sound in spreading awareness and attracting new supporters to the breast cancer cause
- Build and utilize skills in program management and gain skills in volunteer engagement
- Build and utilize public speaking skills
- Develop and mobilize a network of community contacts
Aside from meetings and training at the Komen Puget Sound office, much of the work can be done from home.
Dawn Sanders, Community Engagement Manager, email@example.com; 206.633.0303 X 117.