Title: Special Events and Development Intern
Reports To: Development Coordinator
The special events and development intern will receive hands-on experience in nonprofit fundraising and event coordination from beginning to completion stages as a member of the affiliate’s development team. The intern will report to the development coordinator and will also work closely with the event volunteer committees. The intern will support to two major fundraising initiatives for Komen Puget Sound: Grace Notes, a black tie gala with live and silent auctions and the MORE THAN PINK Walk™.
The intern will support the development staff and Grace Notes event committee to achieve the goals of the annual Grace Notes gala. The event will take place on Saturday, March 2, 2019 at The Fairmont Olympic Hotel in Seattle. It is the largest annual fundraiser for Komen Puget Sound, with a goal of $1,000,000.
The intern will also support the development staff and MORE THAN PINK Walk™ committee members to achieve the goals of the annual Susan G. Komen Puget Sound MORE THAN PINK Walk™, which will take place Sunday, June 2, 2019 at Seward Park. It is the second largest annual fundraiser for Komen Puget Sound, and one of the largest 5K benefit events in Western Washington, with a goal of 4,000 participants and $750,000.
This is an unpaid temporary position, part-time from January through March, with the option to continue through June if agreed upon by both parties. Please note the request for intern to work at Grace Notes, Saturday, March 2, 2019 and the MORE THAN PINK Walk™ on Sunday, June 2, 2019 if available.
Grace Notes Gala
- Outreach and procurement for new silent and live auction items
- Data entry support on silent and live auction procurement.
- Day-of-event assistance in production and execution of the silent auction
- Provide logistical support on projects such as Grace Notes auction catalog, event registration and pre-and post-event mailings.
- Attend monthly Grace Notes committee meetings if available; provide reports and support as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MORE THAN PINK Walk™
- Provide logistical support for special programs such as pre-Walk promotional programs, Walk day VIP activities and other programs that support the Walk.
- Assist in creation and execution of Walk-related community outreach efforts.
- Provide customer service for Walk telephone hotline and email account.
- Provide logistical support on projects such as Walk registration events, pre-and post-Walk mailings.
- Attend monthly Walk committee meetings if available; provide reports and support as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
- Candidate must be available to work 10-15 hours a week. Hours are flexible.
- Candidate must be available to work Grace Notes event weekend March 2-3, 2019.
- Keen interest in the mission of the organization.
- Experience and/or interest in non-profit fundraising and events coordination.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; effective presentation skills a must.
- Technologically proficient; efficient with entire Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proven customer service skills a must.
- Ability to work in a confidential setting, protecting confidential data and information.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to learn new methods and skills.
- Experience with graphic design a plus.
- Candidacy will be subject to criminal background check.
Send resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to:
Susan G. Komen Puget Sound
112 Fifth Ave N.
Seattle WA 98109