Position Overview and Impact
The Worship in Pink (WIP) Coordinator is a member of the Komen Puget Sound mission team and coordinates with community churches to support their outreach to congregations about breast health awareness. Important aspects of the job include working with staff, volunteers and donors to accomplish goals.
- Work with the Senior Community Engagement Manager to oversee WIP program
- Follow up with current WIP Partners and recruit new organizations
- Ensure timely delivery of WIP materials
- Determine and track program participants’ resource material needs
- Create and/or edit thank you letters
- Coordinate speakers as needed
- Mail evaluations and collate and analyze data
- Provide event summary to Komen Puget Sound
- Commitment to Komen Puget Sound’s vision and mission
- Experience planning and coordinating programs
- Experience with MS Office, especially Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Good community contacts and networking abilities
Training and Support Provided
Komen Puget Sound 101 and Speakers Bureau training, Susan G. Komen 101 online training, and support from Komen Puget Sound staff to help plan activities, monitor progress and assist with problem-solving.
Average 8-10 hours a month after completion of training, with options to work from home and on a flexible schedule. Occasional attendance at WIP events might be required.
Length of Commitment
Minimum of one year requested.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Assist Komen Puget Sound in spreading awareness and attracting new supporters to the breast cancer cause
- Build and utilize skills in program management and gain skills in volunteer engagement
- Build and utilize public speaking skills
- Develop and mobilize a network of community contacts
Senior Community Engagement Manager
Aside from meetings and training at the Komen Puget Sound office, much of the work can be done from home.
Dawn Sanders, Community Engagement Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org; 206.633.0303 X 117.