Worship in Pink
Worship in Pink is a grassroots effort with Puget Sound churches, synagogues, and mosques to educate their respective members on breast health and breast cancer. The vision of Worship in Pink is for each religious organization to coordinate its own breast cancer awareness campaign. Komen Puget Sound can provide event ideas, a suggested script for services, a sample bulletin announcement and educational materials.
The following are a few suggestions to help celebrate and commemorate this exciting day.
- Invite breast cancer survivors to speak to the congregation.
- Invite a health professional to talk about the importance of mammograms and early detection
- Have a moment of silence or prayer in honor of those who have been affected by breast cancer.
- Have a message from your church leader about the importance of breast health
- Set up an education booth
- Create a bulletin board with breast health information
- Serve pink lemonade and pink cake at a reception before or after services
- Hand out pink flowers in honor of survivors and white flowers in memory of those who have died
- Have members wear pink or pink ribbons.
How to Participate
In order to participate in Worship in Pink, you must register your organization online.
Breast health education materials available by request or download the Worship in Pink Toolkit.
For more information, email WIP@pskomen.org or call 206.633.0303.